Richard’s Happy Water

In: Drinking|Stuff

23 Jun 2012

(map) He says it’s “made between heaven and earth,” and there is literally nothing else like this on the planet. It’s fizzy rainwater, or as Richard Heinichen calls it, “carbonated cloud juice.” He’s been selling regular bottled rainwater for many years, after working out a way to filter it to .008 of a micron, with no chemicals or additives. It’s pure, sweet rain. And now he’s figured out how to carbonate that rain. Happy Water tastes especially refreshing because the bubbles are very fine, much smaller than mineral waters or club soda (since rain has no minerals). As Don Ho sang, “Tiny bubbles make me feel happy.”

Yes, Richard's pretty happy about his new Happy Water.

Richard’s place is in Dripping Springs; Happy Water rolls out this week and is so far available at The Noble Pig and William Chris Vineyards (updates to come).

The pressurized tank, where the magic happens. Rainwater and medical-grade CO2 go into the tank, and under the right pressure and temperature, the water gradually absorbs the CO2. Richard calls the result “brewed bubbly.” Get happy!

His original product, Richard's Rainwater (aka "fresh-squeezed Cloud Juice"), is America's first bottled rainwater.

Richard’s Rainwater website

8 Responses to Richard’s Happy Water

Angela

September 27th, 2010 at 9:56 am

how cool is that! great packaging, too.

Pat

September 20th, 2012 at 3:13 pm

Please tell me how I can obtain cases of Richards Happy Water. It is so good. Do you sell it at a local grocery store or would I need to order it directly from you. Please let me know. We appreciate it and Congratulations….it is so good! I would be interested in the glass bottles like the top picture.

Ed. Reply: Richard’s Happy Water is bottle at Tank Town, 512-894-0861

Anthony

May 29th, 2013 at 5:53 pm

Tried happy water for the first time today and as a long time lover of Topo Chico I’ve been converted. If you ever need a sales/promo guy for events or anything please let me know. Awesome product.

Gary R

April 7th, 2015 at 6:26 am

I drank some Happy Water at some friends’ house. I would like to buy some. How do I do this?

Ed. Reply: Happy Water is available at some grocers in Austin and the Hill Country. Call them at 512-894-0861 to find locations. Good stuff!

Susan

December 16th, 2016 at 8:17 pm

Hi, I wrote you sometime back regarding your product “Happy Water”. You were kind enough to let me know I could purchase it at the Co-Op in Austin. I ordered a case and recently picked it up. I have been enjoying the water. However, last night a couple of the bottles exploded in the refrigerator. Apparently they had frozen and the liquid caused the bottles to explode, bursting all over everything in the refrigerator. I am continuing to find glass. While I love your product this could have been quite dangerous. Thanks for the opportunity to let you know.

Laura

April 1st, 2018 at 2:37 pm

Oh my gosh, sorry to hear that! It is not my product; I just wrote about it on my site, but I will let the owner know.

Jerry

May 15th, 2018 at 3:55 pm

“Ya, I’ll have some of Dick’s Cloud Juice, please.”

Deborah

May 21st, 2018 at 8:57 pm

I now live in Tennessee.
How can i get the bottled Happy Water.
I stopped drinking pepsi and coke products, and started drinking Happy Water, i lost 49 lbs.

Ed. Reply: Find more info at richardsrainwater.com